Afrikaans Spelling Checker for Microsoft® Office.
Electronic proofing tools for improved writing:
The Centre for Text Technology (CTexT®), at the North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus), has been helping South African computer users improve their writing for some time now. CTexT’s Afrikaanse SkryfGoed is the only collection of four Afrikaans proofing tools for Microsoft® Office, and can assist with the following:
- Improve your spelling: Afrikaans Spelling CheckerAs the only so-called second-generation spelling checker for Afrikaans, the Spelling Checker is the most advanced Afrikaans proofing tool. This means that it applies complex processes like morphological analysis to evaluate words instead of merely comparing them to the entries in a word list (which is the case for many spelling checkers). This tool offers good suggestions and alternatives for spelling errors, automatically recognises new compounds and inflections, and boasts comprehensive word lists.
- Improve your language usage: Afrikaans Grammar Checker
Unlike a spelling checker, a grammar checker deals with more than just spelling. CTexT® Afrikaans Grammar Checker is the first Afrikaans proofing tool for Microsoft® Office that evaluates the language used in a text, based upon the rules and conventions of the language. Examples are:
- Choice of words (for example the correct use of rys, reis or ruis);
- One or two words (for example besigheidsure); and
- Grammatically correct constructions (for example “lelik boom” versus “lelike boom”).
Besides the grammatical aspects, the grammar checker also determines whether the text meets specific style criteria, such as the use of punctuation and consequently, the proper use of language.
- Improve your choice of words: Afrikaans Thesaurus
Freshen up your writing with synonyms for close to 80 000 words. The thesaurus makes it easier to look up words and recognises related terms.
- Improve your page layout: Afrikaans Hyphenator
This useful tool helps you hyphenate words correctly at the end of a line.
Based on extensive research at the Centre for Text Technology (CTexT®), North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus).
Fully operational personal computer (PC) with:
Microsoft® Office 365, Microsoft® Office 2019 or Microsoft® Office 2016; and
Windows® 10, Windows® 8 or Windows® 7
Microsoft, Encarta, MSN, and Windows are either registered trademarks, or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
If you want to use this product on more than one computer, please email us for a quote on licensing.